Queens Divorce Attorneys Guide You Through a Complex Process
Client-focused family law attorneys in New York City
We appreciate that your divorce isn’t simply a matter of filing the right paperwork. You want an attorney who understands the dynamics of your personal situation and has the legal savvy to protect your interests. The divorce attorneys at Sager Gellerman Eisner Attorneys at Law have navigated the complexities of divorce for a combined 85 years. We are dedicated to helping you move on with your life.
We handle the full range of divorce-related issues
Our Queens attorneys manage every aspect of the process of dissolving your marriage. We handle divorce cases throughout Nassau and Queens counties that involve:
- Contested divorce — Not all divorces involve legal disputes. But when they do, you need aggressive representation to protect your interests. In a process that may at times seem interminable, we map out a realistic divorce timeline so you know what to expect.
- Equitable distribution — Our lawyers know the intricacies of New York law on the division of marital property. We also are alert to the effects of prenuptial and postnuptial agreements on property division.
- Child custody — Wise child custody decisions are essential to providing emotional stability for your children and encouraging healthy parent-child relationships. Our law firm works for an arrangement that benefits you and your children.
- Child support — Fair and realistic child support payments are vital to maintaining a financially secure environment for your children. If you believe you pay too much child support or if you need more financial assistance from your ex-spouse, we fight for you.
- Visitation — One of the keys to parenting is spending sufficient time with your children. We protect your visitation rights and make sure the visitation arrangement is not being abused.
- Custodial relocation — Visitation arrangements become even more complicated when the custodial parent wants to move out of state with the child. Our attorneys ensure that a relocation doesn’t jeopardize the child’s parental relationships.
- Post-judgment modifications — When you experience a substantial change in your financial circumstances, our divorce attorneys help you amend your spousal maintenance order or obtain child support modifications.
The matrimonial law attorneys at Sager Gellerman Eisner are particularly sensitive to the issues surrounding divorces involving professionals and high-net-worth individuals.
Before divorce, know your assets and liabilities
A divorce court’s decisions are based in large part on your financial information. We help you assemble the key information, including:
Your spouse’s attorney is counting on your lack of knowledge about the full financial circumstances of your marriage. That is where our investigative and analytic skills come in. We conduct an exhaustive examination of your and your spouse’s finances. We also advise you that, before your divorce, it is not wise to make any dramatic changes in your lifestyle.
Call today for comprehensive divorce advice from our Queens lawyers
You can count on the highly qualified matrimonial law attorneys at Sager Gellerman Eisner Attorneys at Law to effectively handle your divorce. You can reach us through our online contact form or call us at 347.625.1038 for a consultation. From our offices in Queens and Forest Hills, we serve clients in the New York City boroughs of Manhattan, Queens and Brooklyn.